Hello i have a xtreme notebook(http://www.xtremenotebooks.com/) computer they are custom built with windows xp. i have a replacement plan so i could send it in to get a new one but i really need to keep this one because it has all my projects on it. when i start up it goes to the Intel screen and then a command line then the windows splash (normal way it starts up). but when it gets to the windows splash screen it quickly goes to a blue screen then restarts. i cannot catch what it says on the blue screen because it goes to it so fast and restarts. could some one tell me how to fix it and if you need to know what it says on the blues screen could you please help me on how to get the info on the blue screen. Please help me if you have the time!
-Tombo007
Specs
windows xp home edition
Intel® T7700 (2.4GHz x 2) Core 2 Duo CPU with 4MB On-Die L2 Cache 800MHz FSB
nVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT PCI-E with 256MB DDR2 VideoRAM
2048MB DDR2 667MHz Premium Corsair RAM 2 DIMM
80GB SATA 150 HDD 5400 RPM
8X DVD±R/RW Burner Multi Drive - Standard
Windows XP Home SP2a with Drivers and Utilities CD
802.11a/b/g/n Internal WLAN Intel 4965 a/g/n
Internal Bluetooth Wireless Card
1.3 MP Web Camera
Sound Blaster Compatible 3D 8 channel Azalia Sound System

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

hitting f8 on startup ,when you get to screen to choose safe mode or normal boot ,you will see ,"disable auto restart on system error" or what ever it actually says . click on that ,you should then get the bsod to stay up long enough to copy down the error reported .

Boot from a WIndowsXP CD.

Enter setup mode.

Go to Recovery Console.

Run> chkdsk /f

And see it if it resolves any errors.

Also boto to safe mode and check to if you took a windows update, specifically hard drive, raid controllers, scsi cards & video drivers.

If all else fails reboot in safe and do a roll back to a known working system restore point.

try to start in safe mode, if you can't pop the windows xp cd in the d a repair. DO NOT FORMAT the drive

I tried to start it in safe mode or any mode possible and it still did the same thing. also i tried to press f8 when it starts and nothing happens. and why should you not format the drive? when i booted from disk and selected recovery console it said no hard disk drives could be found?? should i send mine in for a replacement ( is it fubar) because i have a 3 year replacement plan but thats my last resort is there any other way to fix it???? Please help! and thank you for responding to my posts and trying to help me i appreciate that.

I tried to start it in safe mode or any mode possible and it still did the same thing. also i tried to press f8 when it starts and nothing happens. and why should you not format the drive? when i booted from disk and selected recovery console it said no hard disk drives could be found?? should i send mine in for a replacement ( is it fubar) because i have a 3 year replacement plan but thats my last resort is there any other way to fix it???? Please help! and thank you for responding to my posts and trying to help me i appreciate that.

he didn't want you to loose any of your important Projects

but still is there another way?

you could try removing hard drive and then plugging it back in ,make sure to unplug it from power source ,and take out the battery first

also for f8 start hitting it and don't stop ,as soon as you turn on the laptop

YES!!! i got the BSOD message (lol only good thing out of this problem) here it is!

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xBACD3524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
I DON'T UNDER STAND WHAT THAT MEANS

please if you know and it means that my lappy is fubar:( then please tell me (THANK YOU SO MUCH CAPERJACK,BOBBYRAW, and TECHNINER I LOVE YOU FOR HELPING ME)
:D!

any one know what
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xBACD3524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
It says its a problem with windows but thats what all BSOD usually say

i know Microsoft can be stupid but this seems sensible i went to there web site and saw that 0x0000007B errors and reg errors or virus boot errors i need to find something that is messing with the drivers i think what they said

You may receive a "Stop 0x0000007B" error message in the following scenarios:
• A device driver that the computer boot controller needs is not configured to start during the startup process.
• A device driver that the computer boot controller needs is corrupted.
• Information in the Windows XP registry (information related to how the device drivers load during startup) is corrupted.

when ever i go to the console it says that no hard disk drives are installed so how can i get to the recovery console

when ever i go to the console it says that no hard disk drives are installed so how can i get to the recovery console

all i can say is if that the case then the hdd died!send back the laptop .

in a previous post i suggested you remove and plug harddrive back in did you try this .

i don't think i could do that because I've tried to take off the back but its to tight on and my dad would get pissed if he saw that so could i get a new HD and replace it ???? or do i have to send it in because it seems like the HD is the problem i was gonna get a new HD any ways like a 120g not a 80g.

Ok, i figured it out thank you for all the help you all solved it really but the HDD was dead or it just was retarded even thought it passed a quality check so they said do what ever you want just but a new one or send it in and well do it for you because its under warranty it was a HDD problem! thank you all again continuing helping people with there computer problems! thank you!!!!!

your welcome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.