ok looks like there were clumps of dust sitting just behind the PCI-E slot and the mobo power cord thing. but the damage has been done...

mobo is now useless for gaming and annoying to turn on.

(at least its good for simulations =-) )

so this weekend im goin out to buy the fastest mobo for AMD CPUs (NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI)

Mobos have only low voltage power... you would not hear it "clicking" if it did arc over because most circuits on em are current limited anyway... and the dust would have to be moist and... most of the board's conductive points are varnished.... the only high V is in the PSU which has a back end of about 380vDC.. and ud only hear it click once.
Still, mobos do die.

Mobos have only low voltage power... you would not hear it "clicking" if it did arc over because most circuits on em are current limited anyway... and the dust would have to be moist and... most of the board's conductive points are varnished.... the only high V is in the PSU which has a back end of about 380vDC.. and ud only hear it click once.
Still, mobos do die.

still, the CPU makes a clicking sound AND i know its not a cord clipping any fans.

as i already know, the CPU has no moving parts, only the fan and the CPU, heatsink and fan are all new. and i know its something to do with the cpu as i put in my sempron a few days ago and it didnt make any clicking sounds.

anyone need help with anything while i wait for my new mobo?
the below add is from a sponsor... sorry!
--------------------------------------------------
add me www.myspace.com/jakerylewski

thank u i like ur shoes hahahahahh do u get it

hello motherboard

some idiot hacked my account!!!

Your system speaker? In CP, go to Sounds and Audio devices > Sounds, and select No Sounds...

ok thanks everyone i made the arrangements to buy a new motherboard and i hope to help plenty of people in the near future and for a long time

ok im back. looks like it was the mobo, i just came back from the store after finding out that the mobo i ordered was too big for my case =-/ so i baught another one.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.