Hi, I am new to the forum. I dont know where to post this question so i'll post it here 1st.. my pc background cannot click after i change wallpaper.. all my icons gone too.. when i press start > control panel everything hangs.. i can only move my mouse cursor and ctrl+alt+delete to run programs, but task manager cant go to control panel.. can anyone tell me what is the problem? to add on.. i cant visit My Computer too.. its like control panel.. hangs everything... i am running on microsoft window xp home edition service pack 2 Packard Bell Inter(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz 1GB of ram

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

if you dont have too many important files stored in your comp, then if you really want.. you can reformat your computer.

do run spyware and virus checks preferably in safe mode.its most likely that your machine is suffering from malicious attacks

cheers and Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.