I recently replaced an old, broken fan in my computer with a new one. The problem is that every time I start up my computer, I get a black screen with "previous fan failure." press F1 to continue and F2 to the Setup. I don't know what to configure so I always press F1.
Another problem that I've noticed is that when I tap/hold F8 to boot into safe mode, the usual "selection" screen doesn't appear. (Where you select safe mode, safe mode with networking, normal, ect....) Instead a black screen with a some other text comes up. I think its the manufacturers of the computer or something along those lines. Then below it, it says press F1 to continue, F2 for setup.
Note: Previously, F8 did work to enter safe mode.

Also, I just fixed my Help and Support problem, but it's really only half fixed. When I click on Help and Support nothing happens. I checked my task bar and processes but there's no activity. I turned on the Help and Support in the servies.msc. Any advice?

Thanks

try f2 for setup and just go into it,don't change anything just save settings on exit ,see what happens .
for the missing help try this might help might not ,go to start/run, type in sfc /scannow ,note there is a space between the "C and / . you will be asked for the winxp cd to replace any missing system files , sfc =system file checker

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.