I'm really sorry to ask this but, I'm a complete noobie when it comes to computers. I won't go into too much detail but, basically I was force to reinstall my OS and I'm missing three drivers for it. I am unable to connect to the internet and my other means of getting the drivers have only resulted in frustration and a lot of wasted time. I can't get the required drivers through my other computer which is currently hooked up how my desktop is supposed to be hooked up.

Every walk through i have come across either does nothing or is full of so much technical jargon and bad explanations I get lost.

I'm using a gateway 700 series desktop and I'm looking for the Ethernet controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, and the SM bus controller.

I'd really appreciate the help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm able to get internet access now but, while installing all my original programs I can't get sound from Itunes. If I uninstall Creative SB Audigy, and Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device and reboot reinstall them I get Audio until I reboot again. Then I lose my audio again. The rest of the sounds from the other plays and everything else is fine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.