Hey people i am having a problem of not being able to copy and paste anything out of the current drive to another drive..can someone tell me what is wrong..???

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

I need more info. What is happening/not happening? What is the error? What are you running?

Thanks for replying buddy.there is no error.whenever i select something and copy it i cant paste it to another drive.The paste option is not highlighted.Control c and control v are also not working..

what do
i do.

have you ran an anti spy and virus scanner to ensure that isn't the problem? Spybot searh and destroy is a good one for spyware. Glary utilities is an excellent freeware that will clean your registry. AVG or AVAST are good free antivirus programs.

if all this fails, a XP repair installation should do the trick. I had a similar problem with not being able to send files to email from a folder and a repair install was the only way to get it fixed.

PS. Are you able to copy from one folder to another on the same drive? Maybe there is a problem with your permissions on one of the drives

thanks for the reply.I have already scanned the whole sys with AVG.

Ya i shall try that..thanks pal

Basically u are asking me to scan the system again and clean it with glary right??

ya i just installed glary and i scanned for issues.I have repaired them as well.Will try now to copy and paste.

no buddy..Its still the same.no difference...what do i do now.

how long has this been a problem???

ok i tried upgrading the current version of windows with my friends cd but while preparing for installation there were two messages which said the following

cant copy file a9ugw9o8.sys to C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\a9ugw9o8.sys
and the other file was

cant copy file a59run30a.sys to C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\a59run30a.sys

what do i do??

no buddy..Its still the same.no difference...what do i do now.

First please tell us which OS are you using?
Are you trying to copy the data to another partition on the same Hard Drive or to another Hard Drive?

If you are trying to copy the data from one partition to another in the same Hard Drive than make sure that another partition is properly formatted.

Just go to My Computer and right click on the (destination)partition where you want to paste the copied data and click on format.

properly format that partition or the Hard Drive where you want to copy the data and then try doing it.

ok i tried upgrading the current version of windows with my friends cd but while preparing for installation there were two messages which said the following

cant copy file a9ugw9o8.sys to C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\a9ugw9o8.sys
and the other file was

cant copy file a59run30a.sys to C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\a59run30a.sys

what do i do??

Are you trying to upgrade or just reinstall the Windows XP?

1st of all upgrading OS has nothing to do with the problem of data copying.

There could be a problem with the partition or the Hard Drive where you want to copy the data?

1st tell us which OS are you using ?

Just boot your computer normally as you do and then go to command prompt and use the command "Chkdsk /r"

Use this command and then let us know what result you get from this.

It might also be that the files do not exist on the source disk, or that the destination disk is full.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.