I keep trying to download and install sp 1 for vista. My system says everything is ready and I down load it. Then the trouble begins. First It would install part 1 but then would crash and I would have to reboot with install disk. ( tried 3 times) So I cleaned off as much as possible.
Next I downloaded and installed got to part 3 of installation and it would freeze up sometimes at 0% Had to turn off and when it retarted it picked up at part 3. Finally after 3 tries, I restarted in safe mode where it supposedly installed all of it but when computer rebooted it said it didn't work and I guess it did a restore but now it says my vista is not genuine. It is genuine. What do I do now ( jsut say f--- it and don't upgrade?

Call Microsoft support and they'll be able to get you re-activated on the phone.

Microsoft is also offering Free support for Vista SP1(for Installation and Compatibility issues anyways)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.