Last software update was to apply some Microsoft patches around 8-12-08. Getting WE message ‘target can not handle this type of document’ when try to send data to E: drive to write a CD after already writing one CD on this drive. Have to reboot to be able to successfully use the E: CD drive again.
I have found nothing on the web that helps me with this.
Steps that produce this:
1. go to MY DOCUMENTS and select datasets (either .doc or jpeg)
2. choose send to or copy to and send to CD drive E:
3. go to MY COMPUTER using Microsoft CD Writing Wizard software and burn a CD with these datasets on E: and let this close by itself
4. go back to MY DOCUMENTS and select datasets (either doc or jpeg)
5. choose copy to and select CD drive E: get message ‘target can not handle this type of document’ and data does NOT get written to E: to await burn (if use SEND TO option drive E: is not a choice)
6. CD drive E: is no longer useful until I reboot. Any CD placed is this drive spins but shows empty from MY COMPUTER.
7. SYS INFO, HARDWARE, DEVICE MANAGER, show this CD drive as working properly, MITSUMI CR-48XGTE, driver date 7/1/2001, 5.1.2535.0, MICRO WINDOWS PUBLISHER
8. I am running XP Home Edition 2002 at SP2
9. When I reboot this drive works properly again
10. I have run the One Care Live scan and fixed what was recognized as a problems, but this did not help
I can reboot and create this problem at will, but don't know how to solve it. Can anyne pnt me in the right direction?
thanks -- Kathy