Member Avatar for garthparties

Hi All,

I have read this site often, but this is my first post. I have a weird problem with my new wireless network. I am running an HP Pavillion laptop with XP SP2. The router I am using is a Linksys WRT54G.

I have two laptops in the house (one Mac and the PC). The Mac sees the network fine and can browse without problem. The PC says that it is connected to the wireless network, but it will not browse. No programs that need access to the internet work either. Sometimes I can ping the router when I am "connected" wirelessly but not consistently. I cannot ping any external IP addresses.

I have all ready tried the TCP/IP and winsock2 refreshes.

The really weird thing is that I can connect to other wireless networks in the area and browse them without problem. Also, if i wire directly into the router I do not have a problem.

I spent 2 hours on the phone with a guy from Linksys today to no avail. He said that he thought it might have something to do with the fact that I just moved into a high-rise apartment building, so there are a lot of wireless networks in the area.

Any help that anyone can offer would be great! If you are in Boston I will buy you a beer.

-garth

Member Avatar for garthparties

No one has any ideas?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.