Hi,

I have following message displayed in my Father's computer:

Apc Main
Please re install Performance Center

There was virus attack earlier and its been solved with instructions from this forum. There is no other problem that I have noticed.

Thanks for your help !

PS: I have attached picture file of how message is displayed. Sorry, I couldn't get clearer than that.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

try:-

Verify Window’s Files

1. Go “START”, “RUN” type “CMD” Press “OK” or Boot PC into “safe mode with command prompt”
2. Type sfc /scannow /f (note:- space after sfc)
3. Windows file protection will check your files. Follow any prompts; you may be required to use your XP CD.
4. Re-boot your PC

or if that fails:-

To Repair Windows XP from your XP CD…..

1. Re-start PC with XP CD in drive (Have your serial number handy)
2. As your PC starts press “F12” for boot menu (Or what your PC may ask for)
3. Scroll to and select “boot from CD.”
4. At prompt “Press any key to boot from CD” Press “Any key”
5. In the Windows XP Setup window, Press “Enter” to set up windows XP, (Don’t worry, this is a repair only, not a fresh install.)
6. At next window, Press “F8” to accept license agreement
7. Wait until windows displays your current version of XP and asks “To repair the selected windows XP installation press R”
8. Press “R”
9. Enter serial number when prompted.
10. Wait for files to be copied (PC will indicate 39 mins, it will take a lot less.)
11. When asked to adjust Regional language options, click “Next” as it is still set.
12. PC will re-boot.
13. If you have AVG Free, copy serial number to a file as you will lose it on repair. After repair a window will pop up asking how you want to treat AVG, Click repair and when prompted enter serial number.
14. Check to see if problem still exists.

To Bob:
OK. I've had that same message too. And for a second I thought your strategy would work, but it goes wrong at a certain point. Any other that doesn't require XP disc or could re-explain the first way more thoroughly? Thanks!

To Bob:
OK. I've had that same message too. And for a second I thought your strategy would work, but it goes wrong at a certain point. Any other that doesn't require XP disc or could re-explain the first way more thoroughly? Thanks!

hi, try this .
try the following:

- Click Start -> Run -> type:
msconfig
- Click OK
- Select the Startup tab and post back if you see any of the following words anywhere in the box:
ApcMAIN
Ascentive
Performance Centre
- You may need to expand some of the columns to be able to read the entries

every time i start up there is a box that saya please reinstall performance center and apc main we did have a virus attach and couldnt get it off but i guess u would say disabled it please help i dont know y peeps need to do this for a living they sould go into fixing and helping peeps with computers not sending out ways for destruction God
Bless ty anxiously waiting for reply i was so elated to c my question being asked and then the answer wasnt available anymore sniffles :(

HMMM THA T NOT MESSAGE I SENT I WANT TO GET RID OF THE POP UP THAT SAYS PLEASE RE-INSTALL PERFORMANC3E CENTER AND IT HAS A NAME IN THE LEFT UPPER CORNER APC MAIN JUST LIKE THE FORUM I READ AND WENT TO READIT AND IT GONE SO IT SAY ENTER THE MESSAGE AGAIN SO THAT WHAT I DID I AM VERY PC ILLI TERATE SOOOOO I REALLY DONT KNOW WHUT U MEAN BY ADD AT LEAST 1 CHARACTER CUZ THE MESSAGE IS TO SHORT WELL I HOPE THIS IS LONG ENUFF CUZ IMA JUST A BABBLING ON CUZ I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY CEPT DAT THE MESSAGE I READ WAS EXACTO SAME AS WHUT HAPPENING TO ME EVEN THE WAS HIT BY A VIRUSALSO OKK T HIS IS LONGER I DONT KNOW IFIN IT B A CHARACTER LONGER OR WHUT BUT I TRIED gOD bLESS

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.