I have a Gateway 508GE and i am current running Vista Premium on it and my sound isn't working. The drives are High Definition Audio Device and they are produce by Realtek how can i get my sound to started back to work on here i really do need it. the error code in the device manger is what is listed below. PLEASE help me i been looking for a solution since Feb of 2008

This device cannot start. (Code 10) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Good to hear. Mark this thread as solved so I can get some juice:).

Good to hear. Mark this thread as solved so I can get some juice:).

I have this same problem however it all started when I (while my computer was running Vista 32bit HP) disconnected the stock mouse (on this GT5622 Gateway 1.8X2) and plugged in an older microsoft three button scroll lazer mouse. Immediately the software install started for the mouse and my onboard Realtek HD Audio sound card was "removed". The red "X" next to the speaker symol on the task bar appeared and the message "No Audio Output Device is Installed" was displayed when I mouse-over. I have tried in this order, re-installing the old mouse, removing the microsoft mouse in device manager, installing new drivers from mfg website(reboot), system restore(reboot), disabling and enabling the device(reboot) uninstalling the device(reboot) and installing device new drivers(reboot) trying to update drivers and it gives the message "the best driver is already installed", I have used the "check for solutions" button but I still get the message "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" I've tried the Microsoft update site, I've tried a couple windows vista patches "Update for Windows Vista (KB929685)" and "Update for Windows Vista (KB937077)". I've also updated chipset drivers and still I have no sound. Another symptom is my computer seems to be making excessive processing sounds sort of like chattering...is that hard drive accessing sounds? I don't know what the heck to do now.

use vista driver, it worked on my xp

code 10 for dell 1501

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.