This is probably an old question but I can't connect to a couple of sites..pgatour.com and bestbuy.ca. I have avg antivirus which I deleted and tried with no luck and I turned off windows firewall..still no luck

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi,
I assume that you can access all other sites you try! The sites are probably busy when you are trying. What error message do you get? Have you tried with Opera or Mozilla, both are much safer than IE to use for surfing the web anyway.
www.opera.com
www.mozilla.com

Let us know how you get on with either of these.

PS. Have you tried Chrome?
www.google.com/chrome

Chrome is not being recommended yet ! still beta ! I do not suggest installing beta anything on your main computer

All other sites are ok I tried mozilla same ... IE message IE cannot display the web page ..mozilla networking timeout

Chrome is not being recommended yet ! still beta ! I do not suggest installing beta anything on your main computer

Yes it is still in the testing stage, it is made available to people that are willing to try it and allow then to find any bugs in the program. Without people trying programs like this, it would take a lot longer to bring it to the market.

Yes, you could end up with problems on your PC but in my humble opinion, it is worth the risk.

Yes it is still in the testing stage, it is made available to people that are willing to try it and allow then to find any bugs in the program. Without people trying programs like this, it would take a lot longer to bring it to the market.

Yes, you could end up with problems on your PC but in my humble opinion, it is worth the risk.

sorry i cant agree ,spend to much time fixing problems from stuff like sp2 and sp3 beta when people install them,Oh yeah and there was another one called IE7 ,lol
and many other free beta people try like burning software ect ect

If you had cancer and they had developed a possible cure but it had not been tested on humans as no one would try it before it was approved. It would not be available for 5 years until it went through all its trials. The fact that you would be dead before the product had passed all medical testing and become able to use is of no importance if you would not try it before it was proven to be safe.

There are human trials off all drugs before they are made available to the general public and there are plenty of people to trial them. With out these trials it would take years longer to become available.

This is a bit over the top for in relation to testing a “Beta” product but the idea is the same

not even close,,but you and i sound a lot alike !lol
talking about my life ,not a stupit computer ,bwta is just not worth the bother for the average user ,sorry !!!

"There are human trials off all drugs before they are made available to the general public and there are plenty of people to trial them. With out these trials it would take years longer to become available."

I'll wait and watch...when enough people survive, I'll get my doc to write me a prescription!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.