OK, I HAVE LIKE, EVERY pop up blocker protection you could think of..... google pop up protection, yahoo popup protection, and windows sp2 pop up blocker............ doesn't seem to stop one in particular. I cought a glimpse of the address of the pop up before the actual add displayed....... seems to be "xlime.offeroptomizer.com" I was wondering how to get rid of that. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi. I think what you you might want to do to start off with is to try scanning with Adaware and Spybot and let them fix what they find. Then download hijackthis, being sure you are using the current version, which is 1.98.2, and scan, save, and post your log in the Virus and Spyware forum. From there, one of the experts can help you out with fixing anything else that might show up on your hijackthis log. Just be sure to post it in the proper forum. :)

I forgot to mention...when you download hijackthis, be sure to save it in its own permanent folder, not a temporary one. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.