Hello All,

When I press Ctrl+Alt+Del i found my task manager bar greyed (not active), can anyone tell me how to reactivate it or any other way to go to task manager ( say a command)?

Your assistance is highly appreciated!

Abdul.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

start menu, run, type taskmgr and click ok. Or right click on your taskbar at the bottom of the screen and select Tash Manager from the pop up

start menu, run, type taskmgr and click ok. Or right click on your taskbar at the bottom of the screen and select Tash Manager from the pop up

Thank you for the tip. But typing the command its saying ''Task Manager was disabled by you Administrator''. Please how can I enable it?
Also, after right clicking the task bar, it showed the task manager as disabled (Grayed).

In the group policy editor try:-
Click Start, Run, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
Navigate to...
User Configuration / Administrative Templates / System / Ctrl+Alt+Delete Options / Remove Task Manager.
Double-click the Remove Task Manager option.
Set the policy to Not Configured.

Or in regedit try:-
Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe
Navigate to...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies\ System.
Delete the value named DisableTaskMgr.

In the group policy editor try:-
Click Start, Run, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
Navigate to...
User Configuration / Administrative Templates / System / Ctrl+Alt+Delete Options / Remove Task Manager.
Double-click the Remove Task Manager option.
Set the policy to Not Configured.

Or in regedit try:-
Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe
Navigate to...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies\ System.
Delete the value named DisableTaskMgr.

I am beginning to enjoy the richnesss of this forum. Thank God for coming across this wonderful forum.

ABDUL.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.