Well i was mistaken about MyIE2,it does not do everything under 1 thread (I dont think it could)

Right now i have 6 tabs open (This and 5 others) and the program is using 8 threads. (Using 36k memory)

Are there ANY PROGRAMS see exactly what each thread is?

Each tab is probably assigned to a thread right?

I have WMP running right now and its using 15 threads.. (Im listening to a stream)

What exactly are all these threads for?? -- What would happen if the programs did everything under ONE THREAD...

mmtask.tsk only has 1 thread (Checking task manager)

Hi all,

It may seem like a strange thing to have in a section dedicated to sorting out problems with Internet Explorer, but I have to ask. Why bother?

I'd say this is only half a solution.

I prefer freedom - I like more than one dominant browser, and I reflect this on my desktop.

For this reason, I have Firefox 3.5.3 installed, but primarily use Firefox 3.7 - which is much faster and very nice. Also, I use Chromium (I have Chrome, but Chromium is a little faster) and Opera too.

Why put up with the pain, why change browsers? Why not have a Swiss Army Knife

Firefox, Opera, Chromium - Gecko, Presto, Webkit.

Then the CHOICE is yours.

Better still, do it with Linux ;) daily repositories give me secure updates.

I have a problem with that too. On Monday my laptop crashed. Since then I can connect vis wireless or cable to the internet but Firefox won't run at all - tried removing it and re-installing. No difference.
Internet Explorer starts, but before my home page load it stops responding. Tried everything I can think of including a restore back, all to no avail. Strange thing is my MSN Messenger starts up every time I connect to the internet.
Any suggestions?

Eck

I have a problem with that too. On Monday my laptop crashed. Since then I can connect vis wireless or cable to the internet but Firefox won't run at all - tried removing it and re-installing. No difference.
Internet Explorer starts, but before my home page load it stops responding. Tried everything I can think of including a restore back, all to no avail. Strange thing is my MSN Messenger starts up every time I connect to the internet.
Any suggestions?

Eck

Could be as simple as a corrupted FF profile.

Close FF (use TaskManager to be sure the process is killed). Open Run console and type Firefox.exe -p and set-up a new profile. If things work in new profile, you then know where things went wrong.

Simply re-installing FF, or using SysRestore would still leave you with old/corrupted profile, thus neither would have helped.

I do not like the interent explorer 7 or 8. I like the mozilla firefox because of It is having lots of addons. It is very useful and It is increasing our efficiency. You can do the many things. You can download the videos, online pdf converter, noscript for the disable spam or some vulnerable scripts.Current Addons like Personas,WOT,Ad Block Plus,Echofon,Webmail Notifier,Lazarus,AVG Safe Search,Skipscreen

hey I wanted to know that is firefox heavier than IE ?? I dont have a system with extreme performance ... and I only have 256 mb of ram.

No not at all. Mozilla is same as IE. and even much lighter than it. Mozilla 3 had some issue of getting FROZEN and it was bit slow. BUT Mozilla 3.5 is extreme faster and lighter.

You can download Mozilla from their site for free. www.mozilla.org

Thanks You provide good Information, I also use already Firefox Mozilla.

I have been dissapointed so many times by Firefox, Safari and IE.
I'm searching for alternatives now:

I am using Google Chrome as my main browser and Mozilla as my secondary browser and i am very satisfied with both of them. i have quit using IE a long time ago due to its bugs which were starting to seriously annoy me

I used to use Mozilla as the main browser for my work, as it allows addons and different useful stuff which helped me with my work, and i used Chrome as second browser to log under different Google account (what a headache!)
But now i can use only chrome, because the main tool that i used in FF -- Seoquake -- has been released for Chrome. Perfect tool for seo.

You may want to give Google Chrome a try too..it's simple and fast...

But now a days many critical problems have been solved with IE8.

If you not satisfactory with the performance of one browser. Then you have need to install a new or any other browser.

I like the chrome due to its high speed. Mozilla Firefox is beating Google, Since most of the people like Firefox due its addons functionality.

The biggest problem is that too many sites design their pages to require IE.

- Requiring AxctiveX
- Using nonstandard proprietary IE features
- Designing to the IE violations of W3C.

You can restrict active-x so its not a bother!!

However you cannot totally disable active-x (UNLESS YOU DONT USE FLASH,WMP,ETC)

Although Opera looks better and Chrome is simpler, I still think Firefox is the best browser out there, because of its extended functionality.

Mozilla is the best firefox

Opera is the fastest browser in the world today

http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html

Comparison between browsers on different platforms.

hi,there,in my way,Ijust won't put my eggs in one basket,or u can side the FF,Chrome first,then the IE comes up with the 2nd.just the risks of errors occured in one of them.
thk u
sage

I don't know if this has been posted in this thread before as 15 pages is rather a lot to wade through, but, http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1299854/posts
Follow the instructions carefully and your firefox will be much much quicker.
I have used it on many many computers, both friends and customers ones and all of them liked the speed increase!

I like both Firefox and Google Chrome.

How can Mozilla be more demanding than FireFox when Mozilla make FireFox??????

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.