Dear Friends,

I get the error message "Network Path Not Found" on clicking on the computer name under My Network Places. Both the systems are on Win XP Professional. But I am able to access the server PC by giving the computer name or IP adderss through Windows Explorer. (The Workgroup name is same for both the PCs and NetBios Settings is set to Default.)
Please Help.
Thanks
Krishi

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Are you able to connect to the admin share or a shared drive on the destination computer?

If you launch \\your_ip\c$ from the run line what are the results? Have you enabled file sharing on the destination computer?

AJZ

Are you able to connect to the admin share or a shared drive on the destination computer?

If you launch \\your_ip\c$ from the run line what are the results? Have you enabled file sharing on the destination computer?

AJZ

Hi,

Thanks for your response. When run \\systemnumber\c$ I will get a window for user name and password window for authuntication....

Krishi.

Krishi,

Is it your goal to access files on Computer A from Computer B? If so, I would follow the steps outlined here on the destination computer..... https://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/maintain/share.mspx
After you have shared a folder or drive, you can map to it by start run \\IP_Address\Share_name (step 5).

If you would like to map a network drive to the share here is a how to...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308582

Hope this helps,

AJZ

Thanks AJZ for your tips,

Basically, I am tiring to connect from Computer A to Computer B using a VB.NET program. It has always worked except at one customers place. The OS can be Win XP or Win 2000 Professional/Server or 2003 Server or even Vista. At this customer's place the OS is Win XP professional. The program while check for the given Computer Name under the particular Workgroup returns the error "Network Path Not Found".
This error is only due to a peculiar network setting at the customer's place, which we are tiring to find out.

Bye
Krishi

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.