The title pretty much explains it. Windows XP wont boot to the desktop. When I turn the computer on, it gets to the loading XP screen then a blue screen appears briefly then it reboots. I entered the boot menu and checked boot orders, made sure all HDDs were connected, all drives, etc. I checked the post log and it said theres a CMOS Checksum error, No keyboard and a CMOS POST Failure I do believe. I changed Jumpers on the CMOS and cleared it, I also set the system time and it seems to be holding, so I dont know about the CMOS battery being low or bad. Also I can get to the "Start Windows Normally" "Load lAst known Good COnfiguration" "Safe Mode" "Safe mode with Networking" and "Safe Mode with CMD line" screen, each option I choose other than Start windows Normally, Just freezes the PC and it wont do anything. When I choose Start normally, it just reboots and starts all over again. Any ideas? because im stumped

The title pretty much explains it. Windows XP wont boot to the desktop. When I turn the computer on, it gets to the loading XP screen then a blue screen appears briefly then it reboots. I entered the boot menu and checked boot orders, made sure all HDDs were connected, all drives, etc. I checked the post log and it said theres a CMOS Checksum error, No keyboard and a CMOS POST Failure I do believe. I changed Jumpers on the CMOS and cleared it, I also set the system time and it seems to be holding, so I dont know about the CMOS battery being low or bad. Also I can get to the "Start Windows Normally" "Load lAst known Good COnfiguration" "Safe Mode" "Safe mode with Networking" and "Safe Mode with CMD line" screen, each option I choose other than Start windows Normally, Just freezes the PC and it wont do anything. When I choose Start normally, it just reboots and starts all over again. Any ideas? because im stumped

It would sure help if you could tell us what does the first line on the blue screen say. When was the last time that the computer ran without any problems? What changed? Do you have a backup of the drive in question? If not this would be a great time to buy Acronis!

I am having a similar problem. I also use Regcure and spybot any assistance would be appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.