Whenever I scroll - whether it's in I.E. or just the regular Windows folders - it goes very slow. This is a sudden and recent problem.
I've updated all my programs to the latest versions and have run full AntiVirus scans with Norton AntiVirus (also optimised the disk with SystemWorks) and AVG, full AntiSpyware scans with Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Microsoft AntiSpyware, PepiMK Spybot S&D and Xoftspy, and have run scans with the following programs also, mostly they're registry fixers: CCleaner, PCBugDoctor, Registry Mechanic and RegScrubXP.
These are all the fully updated programs.
The computer itself is running great, programs load at normal speed and continue to run likewise etc.

It would be really great if someone could help me, because as you can imagine you spend a whole lot of time scrolling and when it takes 2-3 seconds to scroll each notch it's basically the most annoying thing in the world. :(
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

This lag happens when I scroll using the mouse click-and-drag, keyboard or mouse wheel.

I have the same problem. Started about 2 months ago, I also use Internet Explorer. Any help?

You did all those upgrades and didnt install a video driver for your graphics card ?? Most probably you dont have your graphics card driver installed .. windows in running its own basic graphics driver.

That'd be my guess as well. Reloading both the motherboard chipset drivers and the display drivers seems to be in order.

You did all those upgrades and didnt install a video driver for your graphics card ?? Most probably you dont have your graphics card driver installed .. windows in running its own basic graphics driver.

I made the following updates well before this problem started:
ATI Radeon Catalyst Control Center 5.4
ATI Radeon Control Panel 6.14.10.5145
ATI Radeon Display Driver 6.14.10.6525
ATI Radeon WDM Integrated Driver 6.14.10.6300

This behaviour can occur if you install new catalyst drivers without first uninstalling the older drivers. I'd suggest uninstalling all traces of previous and current drivers, rebooting and then installing the latest drivers.

Thanks I'll try that and post back with the result

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.