Some games have started not loading there is no error messege.it effects games that i have freshly installed as well as games that have been left on my system unused for some time. it does not do this to all games and there is no problems in the install of the ones that need it. The games seem to start loading when the shoughtcuts are clicked but nothing happens. one game (KotOR) shows a splash screen then acts like the others. the computer does not lock up but sometimes the desktop crashes (the screen goes blank then reloads with some of the sys tray icons missing) i have tried updating drivers but i am lost after that.

Hope this post is in the right place. and thanks now for the help.

Qusac

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Just a quick thought, try reinstalling DirectX9.0c.

If I can think of something else, will post as well.

Reinstalled directx over the top to no avail. Any other ideas or ferther information you need?

Thanks in advance again.

Qusac

check for viruses and trojans

I am up to date with scans but re-ran them anyway, this was no help.
I used 4 difrent anti-everything programs (McAfee, Microsoft Beta, SpyBot-S&D and AD-Aware) so hijackers etc. can be all but ruled out unless you have an other (better?) program to suggest.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

Qusac

If it was me, and I had that problem i would first ensure its not a memory problem, be it virtual memory (check you have plenty of C:\ drive space, and settings are in order) or RAM problems.

Then I would do a disk defrag, scandisk and the like. Anything to ensure your system is in working order. Perhaps run something like 3dmark to check performance.

Then I would do a windows repair, before I sack it and rebuild.

That would be my honest course of action, although I suppose its not much help.

I'm sorry for bringing this up again, but i have the same problem. And i've reinstalled windows, STILL i have it. I formatted only C:/ thought.

I'm sorry for bringing this up again, but i have the same problem. And i've reinstalled windows, STILL i have it. I formatted only C:/ thought.

hi,welcome to Daniweb ,you really should have started a new thread of your own ,explaining your problem [all games some game ect ect ]and some info about you computer .start new thread here . you will see a yellow icon that says !!" start new thread" ,click on it .good luck
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum10.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.