Recently, I upgraded my BIOS and have found one curiousity:

Before:
I could push the StandBy button on my keyboard and the system would power-down but remain in a wait state with the light blinking on the machine. (This means that when I pushed the Power-up button, the system would return to the point of StandBy mode on the screen where I can simply click the icon to drop back into Windows)

Now:
When I push the StandBy button on the keyboard, the system goes into a wait state *but* it does not power-down in this mode. Keep in mind that what I mean by power-down is the drives stop (any elves running about in the machine stop), the fans stop and it *sounds* like the machine is completely down *except* that the light is blinking on the front that tells me I have not COMPLETELY SHUTDOWN but rather in a wait state where I left off.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

-Miles®™
"They are in you and me; they created us, body and mind; and their preservation is the ultimate rational for our existence. They have come a long way, those replicators. Now they go by the name of genes,and we are their survival machines."

--Richard Dawkins

What are the odds? One post, zero replies.

Time to take it on the road (TweakXP)

-Miles®™
"Nature's way of saying goodbye."

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.