I hope this is not a stupid question? :eek:

I gotta know if there's any way to protect your window files from being over writen or having any files being saved in your stsem32 folder? :o

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Misplaced topic. This should be in the Tech section. Please state which Windows version you are using and I'll move the thread to the appropriate place for you.

And please proof read your posts. Maybe I'm just a stickler for spelling, but last time I checked 'prtect' wasn't in the dictionary...

commented: Criticising people for typos is not warranted -2

And please proof read your posts. Maybe I'm just a stickler for spelling, but last time I checked 'prtect' wasn't in the dictionary...

Hey now, go easy on the new members, JJ___. We all make "finger fouls" once in a while. :)

Nexus Titan,

As Catweazle said, your question does belong in one of our Windows technical forums. Please tell us what version of Windows you're using so that we can move this to the appropriate forum for you.

:rolleyes:

I think I remember a program or something called "Universal Shield". I know it blocked you from opening files that were protected by it, but I don't know if that made the files unchangable. I would think(I could be wrong) that those system files are apt to change...I mean, what happens if you want to update a driver which is stored in that directory?

Hello,

Defining your account on the box as a normal user, and stopping the use of everything as a local administrator. That is the first problem. But be aware that a lot of your materials will not work, because of the flawed Microsoft Security Model.

Of course, that assumes that you are running Windows 2000 or later. If you are still living in 98 or 95 or 3.1, you are a local administrator anyway, and the above will not matter to you.

Christian

Ok next time i won't type in a hurry and use WORD to spell check my post. And yeah when i have time to go around this site. I won't do any boo boo's.

Oh please move this question the the tech section thanks :o

Thank God you have an edit button lol

Save your flames for politician plz :twisted:

You still haven't told us what exact version of Windows you're using. We have two separate Windows forums- one for older (95/98/Me) versions and one for newer (2k/XP) versions. We'll know where to place your question once you give us the version you're running.

I'm using 98, NT, Pro, 2000, Linux....

But thanks you may put it in the windows 98 section thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.