Two friends with the same laptop, same wireless card, same everything are standing RIGHT NEXT to each other in a wireless hotspot. Why can one connect and the other cant?

Someone is trying to log into their email. When they enter in their credentials, and hit enter, the site just loops back to the sign in page. What is that person doing wrong?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

1. I don't know, the network has reached capacity and decides that it isn't going to allow any more users on? I guess this could happen in any sort of crappy TDM/FDM system, but it probably isn't the answer you wanted. The other thing I can think of is that there is interference between the signals due to the wireless cards, but that still doesn't mean much IMO, and is unlikely because the one that didn't receive a good signal would continue broadcasting until it did. Anyway, since you are asking us to do your homework, I'm just giving you guesses here. I'm not sure if they're correct.

2. Entering invalid username or invalid password? This is a stupid question. What does it have to do with Windows?

1. ,one has malware/Trojan issue one doesn't
2,email server is down

1. Dont use DHCP, assign IP addresses manually.
2. Scan the PC for viruses which is facing problem of checking email.

1. I don't know, the network has reached capacity and decides that it isn't going to allow any more users on? I guess this could happen in any sort of crappy TDM/FDM system, but it probably isn't the answer you wanted. The other thing I can think of is that there is interference between the signals due to the wireless cards, but that still doesn't mean much IMO, and is unlikely because the one that didn't receive a good signal would continue broadcasting until it did. Anyway, since you are asking us to do your homework, I'm just giving you guesses here. I'm not sure if they're correct.

2. Entering invalid username or invalid password? This is a stupid question. What does it have to do with Windows?

This isn't homework. Its just a question I came across on the web and couldn't think of the answer

and couldn't think of the answer

there is no one answer ,perhaps thats why you could think of it .lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.