Shew..now that this page has finally loaded, I can explain my problem and hope you wonderful people here can help me.

This has been going on since about Saturday. I can connect with my DSL. I have already called the DSL place and they said they don't see a problem on that end, but they could be wrong. But as soon as I connect to the internet I go and click on IE and open it up - it takes about 15 mins for a page to load, my pages use to load in 10 seconds. My Windows LIVE Messenger WON'T connect, but If I use the Windows Messneger that comes with the computer(same as MSN) it will. Also, when I go to download something Spybot or any program it takes a little while to download and then once it gets done, it tells me its not a vaild Win32 app. Or I need a disk. Or the file may be corrupt. Also, I can't update my Ad-Aware defintions or update my Avast!

I tried to download HijackThis to see if I could get a log for you all, but it won't let me download anything. Please help. I am desperate for anything.

I am using Windows XP Pro-IE 7.0

Also, something I might add. A couple of months ago, I got this little blue star ( I call it the blue star of death) in my taskbar saying that my computer might be at risk. It's from Microsoft. Something about my copy of Windows is not legal - would this be causing my IE to act like this?

Thank you for your time,
Sarah

Recommended Answers

yes it would but 1st get Mozilla firefox and go to this site http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1299854/posts

it speeds it up tons

Jump to Post

All 2 Replies

i can't get Mozilla - because I can't download anything. It always tells me the file or program is not a valid Win32 Appilication

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.