I just bought a new Dell Inspirion 9300 w/Win XP Media Center Edition. One of the peripherals that I bought was an Angel USB T.V. Tuner. I am trying to hook up an X-Box to the tuner, and I am having difficulty. This is very important since I am taking both of these systems with me overseas very soon, an I will not be able to take a t.v. with me where I am going. The tuner has a cable (coaxial) jack, A/V RCA jacks, and an S-Video port. I have connected to X-Box using the RCA jacks. What can I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What problems are you having? You said you had problems, but did not mention any error messages, etc, indicating what the problem might be.

The problem that I am having is that when I hook the X-Box up to the A/V jacks I get no signal from it on the computer. I searched every channel that I have, and nothing. I know that the X-Box is putting out a signal, so what am I doing wrong?

What about an adapter to allow you to view your XBox on your VGA monitor. I googled "XBOX vga adapter" and found a few options. I'm feeling lucky was

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=53&products_id=3166&lsaid=271300

but look at others, I just haven't got much time to look.

Obviously if you don't want to spend any cash this isn't for you, but its a no hassle option.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.