Hi,

I need to make these changes within the registry, can anybody tell me how and where i can locate the correct keys etc?

Download signed ActiveX controls -- Prompt
Download unsigned ActiveX controls -- Disable
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe -- Disable
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins -- Enable
Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting -- Enable

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

not sure what you mean, but you can change them I think in your internet explorer click on the tools click on options and then click on advanced and scroll down. like I said I am not sure if this is what you wanted.

Nah, thats not it, i know you can do it there, but this is tied down for users, i need to do it in the registry of each PC

All these can be done in the group policy editor ... you need not smack your head in the windows registry ... just use gpedit.msc and you'll fine all of these.

ah, but it's NT and not XP, and were not yet on active directory

All these can be done in the group policy editor ... you need not smack your head in the windows registry ... just use gpedit.msc and you'll fine all of these.

I dont think it'll need active directory ... just write gpedit.msc on run command and you'll see the local group policy editor which has all that you need.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.