Hi everyone!

I'm having a real heck of a time trying to solve an Internet Explorer 6.0 on Win2K problem. Every time I try to print, page setup, or print preview on a web page I get a script error:

dial.arg_ie_printtype not objects url res:\\c:\windows\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg

I've down some research and found that this can be related to the IEPEERS.dll file. So I replaced the IEPEERS.dll file with a fresh one, ran regsvr32 on the dll, successfully installed...but still the same problem.

Any ideas??

Thanks...

Bill

This error happened on a win2k box after I made some registry changes. Namely, I copied the Devices, PrinterPorts from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\PrinterPorts to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\PrinterPorts.

I think this "may" be causing the problem, but I have performed this operation on a half-dozen computers and this is the only one with a problem. I am thinking the best thing may be to remove IE6 and reinstall. The problem, however, is the IE is built into the OS so you can't just "remove" it...any suggestions on this or the previous post??

Bill

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.