i am using win-7....i got problem with ma desktop icons....its showing unknown program icon for all other programs....what should i do now?????

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

hi ,not to be pickey ,but your post makes little sence to meanyway! ,please try explaining it a little better ,like what you actually meany by this ,"its showing unknown program icon for all other programs"what dose a unkown program icon look like ,what is meant by a all other programs ,the use of the word others implies that some icons work!

actually its showing batch file icon over the normal icons on desktop.....

actually its showing batch file icon over the normal icons on desktop.....

showing over ?
cant you just click on it drag it off ,or use the auto arrange feature ,or are you saying all the icons changed into batch file

yup...they all changed to batch file except my computer and recycle bin icon.....

have you scanned you computer for viruses /Trojans or malware 'if not give www.malwarebytes.org .free version ,do a full scan and view results and fix found

Acording to me the explorer.exe file might have been damaged and hence I would recommend that you try to repair the windows registry using your windows installation disc. This could be due to a virus but can't remember th name of it.

i installed malware bytes and scanned.....no virus in my pc......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.