Hi Everybody I'm new to here..
The problem is this: I want to change my windowME to windowXp .. but i don't know what to do.. I don't have a CD for installing XP but can i do it over the internet or something else like the Dell support..
I have a Dell Dimension 8100.. Please help me.. I want the Window XP version.. Thanks~

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You WILL NEED the Windows XP CD to install. The Home XP upgrade can be bought just about anywhere for $99.99 even your local Wal-Mart will carry it.

My bro has another comp.. and is dell dimension 4550 with a XP reinstalation CD can i use that to install XP on my comp?

If it is an OEM version NO. It will only install in the same model computer. If it did work, and Microsoft being such a pain in the b*t you will still need to activate it. Lastly, it is illegal to Install WinXP on more than one computer with out buying a license for the other computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.