im trying to add a dvorak keyboard to a windows xp machine for someone i know. they prefer the style. but when i plug it in it only goes qwerty. does any one know how to fix this. the other dillema is his family prefers qwerty is there a way to switch between both.

as always thanks!

im trying to add a dvorak keyboard to a windows xp machine for someone i know. they prefer the style. but when i plug it in it only goes qwerty. does any one know how to fix this. the other dillema is his family prefers qwerty is there a way to switch between both.

as always thanks!

Here are the steps to changing the keyboard layout.

http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/windowsxp/keyboardlayout.aspx

If you don't remove the current United States - English keyboard layout, you can switch very easily. In fact, there is an option to put a keyboard button in the system tray (by the clock), which will allow you to quicly switch. Although I dont know the exact steps to placing the keyboard button in the system tray, (I dont have XP in front of me) I do know its in the same window that you change your keyboard layout.

Have fun.

J_

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.