My PC was running fine last week until it didn't start up anymore (the CPU's light's weren't blinking but the mobo and the rest of the thingies running); I reset the CLRTC jumper on the mobo and it worked.

it ran smooth for a period of time but then i noticed that 7 was loading way slower than usual. taking like 10 minutes to startup and it also sometimes doesn't detect the primary disk. I later changed the primary drive's SATA input, thinking something must be wrong with the mobo's sata ports.

well now i only get the aero theme on a trial and error basis. and when i do get it, things are pretty normal. I checked the ff already: display color is 32bit, ran windows essentials+spybot and ran the sfc windows protection from the command prompt.

it found corrupt files. Thing is i dont have my windows 7 CD anymore. and whenever i do try to borrow and load it on to my computer it brings up an error that i should use a similar windows 7 cd with similar versions...

should i format instead? (that's what i've really been trying to avoid, installing programs is a waste of time :) )

7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Rik_

What protective software doy you have and have you scanned with them recently? If so, what results did you get?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.