I have Windows XP Media Center Edition on my computer :D . I had to install XP Pro to access a network :evil: , so I put them side by side one on C: drive and the other on D: drive. Now when I use Pro it cant find any files on my computer. If I boot up with XP MCE they are all there. Now I have to install everything twice using double the space, which isn´t a good thing with only 80 GB hard disk space :o . So I was wondering if it is at all possible to share my programs beween both OS ?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You have to install programs on both the operating systems ... but you can cleverly save your space by installing programs on the same location on both windows ... this will let the programs work for both of your windows ... and the programs will have different settings on both OSs.

Thanks for the info. It was in the nick of time. Was just about to e-mail microsoft for the answer. Paying 50 $ for it :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.