Hello, I have been recently been experiencing problems when loading into my computer, I type the password, and about 6 times out of 10 the computer will "hang" at the "Loading your Personal Settings" stage of the login.
This causes me to have to restart (by pressing the button) and try again, often taking multiple tries just to log onto the computer.
Further, sometimes when it has loaded windows and successfully logged on, it will not load any applications when asked to do so (e.g. Itunes, Internet, Word etc.) or it will delay about 5minutes until it will load them up.

I am assuming there is something wrong with my computer (cant think what, I have scanned for spyware and viruses...although they dont always help).
Someone told me to change the login menus to not use the "Welcome Screen" but this had no effect.

Thanks in advance for any help given :)

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hello, I have been recently been experiencing problems when loading into my computer, I type the password, and about 6 times out of 10 the computer will "hang" at the "Loading your Personal Settings" stage of the login.
This causes me to have to restart (by pressing the button) and try again, often taking multiple tries just to log onto the computer.
Further, sometimes when it has loaded windows and successfully logged on, it will not load any applications when asked to do so (e.g. Itunes, Internet, Word etc.) or it will delay about 5minutes until it will load them up.

I am assuming there is something wrong with my computer (cant think what, I have scanned for spyware and viruses...although they dont always help).
Someone told me to change the login menus to not use the "Welcome Screen" but this had no effect.

Thanks in advance for any help given :)

Please dill out the foloing questions.

1.Who long has this been happaning.
2.Do you have more then one ainti virus hardware

That's all i could think of with your problem.
Reply ASAP.

It has been happening since I installed windows xp proffessional (about 4 weeks ago).
I only use norton antivirus.
Hope that helped :)

It has been happening since I installed windows xp proffessional (about 4 weeks ago).
I only use norton antivirus.
Hope that helped :)

I forgot to ask when was the last virus scan.

Perform a virus scan and a spyware scan. Next, run Disk Defragmenter on your system drive (typically C: ). If this doesn't help, ensure that you have installed all the latest drivers for your motherboard, graphics card and sound card. If this doesn't help, consider a format and reinstall of windows.

Its been happening since I installed Windows (I had to re install because it was playing up). If I was to do that again would the problem be solved?

Its been happening since I installed Windows (I had to re install because it was playing up). If I was to do that again would the problem be solved?

Theres the problem internal damege very little bit commputer threaning or web sites.Open up the computer have a flash light out and lokk for scarshes.Then call windows and tell them where it's broken and send out for a new part.And don't tuch a part it can damege your computer.

Ok thanks very much, will do that.
Would you suggest any particular place to look in the computer? i.e motherboard, hard drive etc. (Excuse me, Im a computer novice compared to all you guys ;) )

Theres the problem internal damege very little bit commputer threaning or web sites.Open up the computer have a flash light out and lokk for scarshes.Then call windows and tell them where it's broken and send out for a new part.And don't tuch a part it can damege your computer.

Somehow I doubt this is a hardware fault, though I'm not ruling it out. I'd suggest you try the steps I had mentioned. If they don't help, try a reinstall and load the proper drivers.

Ok thanks very much, will do that.
Would you suggest any particular place to look in the computer? i.e motherboard, hard drive etc. (Excuse me, Im a computer novice compared to all you guys ;) )

I still look in my xp book.I still call up windows.I say stick with over the pohen help the move on after 25 calls to them.
I would go with goldeagle2005 thire but try seyestem restore first. Look in everyware.Maby look where all the wires come in.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.