Hi everyone, I'm a happy pc enthusiast (not quite got the full anorak). I've got two young sons that I've built computers for, in the hope that they'll grow up knowing how to use them. Seems sensible! Now, I'm probably better with hardware than software, so you'll understand and hopefully someone can help when I tell you that my eldest boy (10 yrs) has forgotten his win xp start up password. Now, if I knew where it was located, I could put his hard drive in another machine, access it and............. hey presto! Or, is there a way around it otherwise? Last time, I wiped the entire drive and started from scratch! Don't want to to that again if I can help it! Can anybody help me please? Thanks in anticipation, Brendan. :-|

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi

this is easy to do, when u restart the pc just press f12 then start the pc in safe mode and log in as admin. Go to control panel and change the pass of the user u want.

hi

this is easy to do, when u restart the pc just press f12 then start the pc in safe mode and log in as admin. Go to control panel and change the pass of the user u want.

F12? i thought it was F8 to go into safe mode....

Hi sam1, many thanks for your insight. machine now up and running. had to press f8 not f12. me & son very happy. once again thank you!!!! :cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.