I have downloaded a programme for which a code is required to register. I have the code but when I enter it, nothing happens. There is a note under the code box to say I must have administrative privileges to get the code to work. Mine is Windows XP home edition....how do I set up administrative privileges please?

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by siti ashura

Most likely there is already an administrator account? If for some reason not, go to control panel, user accounts click on your account and change account type to administrator.

Thanks...I did that and find I AM the administrator!! And today the code kicked in, so all is well.

Kind of odd it did not take it the first time, I have had a couple of freeware programs that had a similar problem, and then would work later.

have downloaded a programme for which a code is required to register. I have the code but when I enter it, nothing happens. There is a note under the code box to say I must have administrative privileges to get the code to work. Mine is Windows XP home edition....how do I set up administrative privileges please?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.