I have always searched the web by typing in a general subject title in the Address tool bar (without "www" or ".com" included), then the search engin would list the most common web sites that contained that subject.

As of a couple of days ago this stopped working. When trying this I get a page displayed that says "the page cannot be displayed"

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Is this a setting that somehow got modified?

Thanks for your assistance.

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by rjf64

welcome to DaniWeb

Is this for all pages? or just for a few. I have found that for some reason you have to put the www. in front of them and i thought you always had to put .com. But thats if you trying to load a webpage. If your searching, then use google. www.google.com. Also perhaps you would like firefox? see signature....

-T

And if you hate typing www. and .com then just write the website name and simply press ctrl - Enter instead of Entering straight away. It'll put the pre and postfix for you.

welcome to DaniWeb

Is this for all pages? or just for a few. I have found that for some reason you have to put the www. in front of them and i thought you always had to put .com. But thats if you trying to load a webpage. If your searching, then use google. www.google.com. Also perhaps you would like firefox? see signature....

-T

The browers works fine when I enter www and .com before and after the web site name. I only have this problem when I do a search with a general subject name (without www. and .com)

Also, I have gone to www.google.com to do searches but it always seemed easier to just enter the subject name at the Address toobar.

thanks

And if you hate typing www. and .com then just write the website name and simply press ctrl - Enter instead of Entering straight away. It'll put the pre and postfix for you.

Yes I know that little trick. My issue is when I am searching and do not know the name of the web site.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.