:?: :?: :?: :?:

this problem started about 2 days ago. i would be doing whatever: listening to music, watching a DVD, instant messaging, etc., when all of a sudden the computer would make a sound close to a squeak and freeze. even the time would stop. i cannot figure out what`s causing this problem. please help :sad:

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

Do u have any type of anti-virus software???? Also do u know the Temp of your CPU, if your cpu gets to hot if may cause your system to freeze.

JAM SIKO

Do u have any type of anti-virus software???? Also do u know the Temp of your CPU, if your cpu gets to hot if may cause your system to freeze.

JAM SIKO

here's a free antivirus http://www.free-av.com
I'm not sure of the exact temp, but if the motherboard feels pretty warm, try adding an extra case fan or something. I do not like the idea of trying to upgrade an existing cpu fan as new problems can arise.

Definitely check your computer for spyware or virus infection. Have you defragged your drive lately? You might want to delete temp files, do a chkdsk and disk defrag.

I tried to fix the same problem, and only to find out the hardware are the ones at fault.... i tried to fix it and the freeze disappears.... (mainly the processor and the heatsink connection)

I tried to fix the same problem,

Wonder did you both have the same squeak noise

same problem !! can be caused by software or hardware

Edited by caperjack: n/a

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.