ntfds.exe, winrbd32.exe, mwupdate32.exe

Can any one tell me wat are these, these files were not in the running process before connecting to internet, i just install win2000 with service pack 4 and IE6, and connected to net and wat i saw is these programs were running and consuming huge amount of memory

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Those files are components of malware (virus, spyware, adware) infections. :(

Please read the malware removal information in this thread and try the suggestions given there. If you have further questions about the infections or their removal, please start an entirely new thread in our Viruses, Spyware and other Nasties forum.

Those files are components of malware (virus, spyware, adware) infections. :(

Please read the malware removal information in this thread and try the suggestions given there. If you have further questions about the infections or their removal, please start an entirely new thread in our Viruses, Spyware and other Nasties forum.

Thanx 4 ur suggestion, i have solved this problem, those files were not deleting, thankfully i had another OS installed, i booted into it and deleted these files from WINNT-System32 folder and cleaned the startup entries using Reg Cleaner

I'm glad you were able to delete the malicious files and their associated "Run" entries in the Registry, but I'd suggest that you now do a couple of full anti-virus/anti-spyware scans to clean out the rest of the components of the infections. These days, infections are rarely comprised of a single file and a single simple adddition to the Registry.

ok i will do it thanx

You're welcome :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.