Two troublshoots please

1. When I click on "explorer icon" it opens up at bottom task bar and not full screen.

2. When I click "turn-off" through windows xp I have to disconnect online before it shuts down or it takes a really long time.

Thanks
cbk

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

By full screen do you mean maximized window or you want to have every window open as full screen ?

What kind of internet connection do you have?

I can maximize from the bottom bar only, it doesnt open explorer maximized.

I have standard slow dial-up. Why would I need to disconnect dial-up for faster shut down?

Thanks

For Explorer, right-click the icon that you select to launch Explorer, select Properties, change the Run drop-down box to Maximized, click Apply, and click OK.

For your dialup connection, it's very hard to say. There are a number of issues that could be at work here. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find much information about this issue that doesn't go all the way back to Windows 98.

Here is something you can try. Look at the settings for your dialup adapter. See if you have any unnecessary protocols (such as File and Printer Sharing, VPN, etc) added to the connection. If you do, remove those protocols, reboot, see if you connection still works, and try to do a shutdown to test if any change occurs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.