:cry: hi i have a problem with my windows media player.When i try to play any video files wmp screen goes black and then nothing happens except computer slows right down i can not close wmp quick as another windows take minuttes then after closing the window computer still slow.I have to restart my computer for a goback to normal and i got a same problem with my dvd player.Pls help

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

:cry: hi i have a problem with my windows media player.When i try to play any video files wmp screen goes black and then nothing happens except computer slows right down i can not close wmp quick as another windows take minuttes then after closing the window computer still slow.I have to restart my computer for a goback to normal and i got a same problem with my dvd player.Pls help

Hi,
Do remember while posting a problem mention ur Operating System, Ur software version which is causing problem

Have u tried playing ur videos with other Players r they having the same problem

Hi yes i got a power dvd on my computer but having a same problem with the power dvd aswell.Iam putting the dvd on, then computer giving me a option to play dvd, like u wanna use the media player or power dvd.As soon as i choose one of them and press the play button everthing freezes and nothing happens.If i wanna get out of the program it seems to be taking ages!If i can get out the program everthing goes on slow motion then cant help , restarting the computer again.But in that process no error report or any other window comes up like' window player cant play this file 'things like that.Now i am gonna tell u what things i have done to sort the problem out and didnt work. Recently i change my graphic card from 128 card to geforce 6200 [256 card]and both cards are nvidia.I thought that was coursing the problem.First of all i uninstalled nvidia driver and installed the newer version,check the display settings everthig is like how should be like colour qualitty 32 bit,dpi setting 96 dpi normal size. Then i uninstalled the media player ,installed the media player 10 .I tryed it nothing changed everthing is same again. Third thing is i have done uninstalled power dvd and put it back on still same.I am wonder mate is there a any chance codecs courcing this problem?Thats the last thing i can think of!Thank very much for your help.

sorry mate forgat the add i got xp pro

Did everything work properly at one point? If so, what did you change on your machine just before this problem started happening?

Have you scanned for viruses and spyware? If not, you can follow this guide to clean viruses and spyware off of your machine while making tweaks to your system in order to speed it up.

Are you multitasking while you try to load the video? Close all programs (including all the system tray programs) and try running the video again. Does it make any difference?

Hold down the Ctrl, Alt, and Del buttons. After the Task Manager loads, select the Processes tab. Look at the CPU column and see if there are any processes that are taking a lot of CPU time (more than 10%). While keeping the Task Manager open, try to run one of your videos while making sure that you can still see the Task Manager. When your system slows down, see what is taking up all the CPU resources. Let us know what program is doing this.

Please answer as many of my questions as possible. The more questions that you answer, the faster we can help you.

Hi yes i got a power dvd on my computer but having a same problem with the power dvd aswell.Iam putting the dvd on, then computer giving me a option to play dvd, like u wanna use the media player or power dvd.As soon as i choose one of them and press the play button everthing freezes and nothing happens.If i wanna get out of the program it seems to be taking ages!If i can get out the program everthing goes on slow motion then cant help , restarting the computer again.But in that process no error report or any other window comes up like' window player cant play this file 'things like that.Now i am gonna tell u what things i have done to sort the problem out and didnt work. Recently i change my graphic card from 128 card to geforce 6200 [256 card]and both cards are nvidia.I thought that was coursing the problem.First of all i uninstalled nvidia driver and installed the newer version,check the display settings everthig is like how should be like colour qualitty 32 bit,dpi setting 96 dpi normal size. Then i uninstalled the media player ,installed the media player 10 .I tryed it nothing changed everthing is same again. Third thing is i have done uninstalled power dvd and put it back on still same.I am wonder mate is there a any chance codecs courcing this problem?Thats the last thing i can think of!Thank very much for your help.

Why dont u copy those videos to another computer which is working gud and try to play them

Or else use JetAudio which is far better than Media Player. U can download it from their Website

or from

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4154.html

1.hi everthing is was working perfect when i had the 128 graphic card then after i changed to 256 nvidia geforce 6200 graphic card 2 or 3 days later i tryed to play video file didnt play.2.Another thing i got a norton anti-virus once a week i am scaning my computer for viruses.If its infected immediatly cleaning up from my computer.But since 3 or 4 months i didnt c any viruses at all.This problem started only month ago.3.Ye i looked at the cpu column.Specifications was while playig a video file PROCESSES:32 CPU USAGE:99%{that was a windows media player and rest of it was 0 except task bar mng it was 1%} AND COMMIT CHARGE WAS:196M/1694.THANKS FOR UR HELP!!!

hi I use to play them video files about month ago on windows media player but i have a same problem with my dvd player aswell.About month ago changed my graphic card 2 or 3 days later started couse problem.I uninstalled driver installed the newer version 71.89 -win2.kxp but still the same.THANK U VERY MUCH FOR UR HELP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.