I tried using the windows experience rating app today and got an interesting result. I received an error: 'Could not measure storage performance. Failed to properly assess the disk. The parameter is incorrect.' I checked winsat log for the errors and there was only one 'winsat\processwinsaterror.cpp:0095: ERROR: tried to read resource strings, unknown exception occurred' I thought I would restart and try again, but it hung at restart so I checked the cmos setup an noticed that my hard drive is listed as the third drive and my cd/dvd is fourth drive listed. They were previously Listed as one and two respectively. I am unable to change it back and I am hoping that it will be okay. Has anyone else had this problem?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Are you using desktop or laptop?

If you're using desktop, try to open the casing and check whether HDD and DVD-Rom cable were connected to the right port eg. Sata O, Sata 1

Most probably it's BIOS has gone wrong. Did you access BIOS before?

how many hard drives do you have installed. don't forget about slaving one one of them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.