Hi,

I have a problem with GTA IV it runs very slow.

My specs are:

AMD Athlon II X4 645 @ 3.1 Ghz
AMD Radeon HD 5770 Flex edition from Sapphire
4 Gig of DDR2-800 Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit

I run every game at max settings, only GTA IV runs on the lowest settings very slow.

Gr Jeannot

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

If other games run just fine, it could be that GTA IV has much higher specs to follow or it could be that the game was modded... Check your game installation again whether it was modified and check it's minimum and optimal requirements.

Also check your Antivirus software or other security tools. They may be scanning GTA as you play so it may cause the game to be slow. If your AV is scanning the game, list GTA IV as a trusted application so it won't be scan.

thanks for the reactions, with can you run it from systemrequirmentslab I get Recommended,

I wil check my AV.

Member Avatar for HASHMI007

ReInstall dear

The game will not reinstall, Not Deinstall or repair.

Ok back to my previous question. Have you check with your antivirus settings? All games can be reinstall and install again, why can't yours be reinstall. Is there an error when you are reinstalling it?

Go to run, type in "MsConfig" and check your startup(Check your services too). I always run everything in the highest details too. When I downloaded DnD online, I couldn't run it in max without lag. Went into startup and services and took a bunch of things out. Even though you may close some things that pop up during start up, there's still applications running, even the same ones you closed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.