First off, I have no experiance with NT. I have used 95, 98, 2000 Pro, and XP Pro. With that out of the way, how do you get NT workstation to recognize a DSL modem? I am trying to connect to the modem via ethernet card. The card is installed, with the proper drivers, and working. Put in the install disk for the modem, tell the installer that it is connected via ethernet, and it can't find the modem. Try to ping the modem, and get a 'request timed out' message. What do I need to enable/disable to get this to work?

Try RASPPPOE . Be sure to check the ReadMe for NT.

First off, I have no experiance with NT. I have used 95, 98, 2000 Pro, and XP Pro. With that out of the way, how do you get NT workstation to recognize a DSL modem? I am trying to connect to the modem via ethernet card. The card is installed, with the proper drivers, and working. Put in the install disk for the modem, tell the installer that it is connected via ethernet, and it can't find the modem. Try to ping the modem, and get a 'request timed out' message. What do I need to enable/disable to get this to work?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.