Hi all...yeah, I know this dosen't belong here, but there dosen't appear to be a proper forum for it, so...

I'm shopping for DVD+R media, and have found Ritek Ridata Branded 8X DVD+R Media 100 Pack in Cake Box Spindle for $30. plus shipping. I have two questions...

1) Is Ritek Ridata a good quality media?

2) Is $30. a good deal?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

1) Yes, i've been using them for quite a while now. i've found the -R to be more widely compatible with various DVD readers.

2)Yes. Just bought a stack of 50 for about $20 Cdn.

Hi all...yeah, I know this dosen't belong here, but there dosen't appear to be a proper forum for it, so...

I'm shopping for DVD+R media, and have found Ritek Ridata Branded 8X DVD+R Media 100 Pack in Cake Box Spindle for $30. plus shipping. I have two questions...

1) Is Ritek Ridata a good quality media?

2) Is $30. a good deal?

Hi Laser...thanks for the response, one of the things I was concerned about was the media being "branded", this media was being offered at SuperMediaStore.com, I don't think I'll be shopping there again.

I went back on line to Meritline.com and purchased a 100 Pack of Ritek Ridata 8X DVD+R (Silver Shiny) Blank Media, 4.7GB.

Manufacturer: Ritek Ridata
Manufacturer Part#: DRD+47-8X
Top: Silver Shiny

As for the media being DVD+R of DVD-R, my machines work well on either format, as well as my girlfriends.

Hi Laser...thanks for the response, one of the things I was concerned about was the media being "branded", this media was being offered at SuperMediaStore.com, I don't think I'll be shopping there again.

I went back on line to Meritline.com and purchased a 100 Pack of Ritek Ridata 8X DVD+R (Silver Shiny) Blank Media, 4.7GB.

Manufacturer: Ritek Ridata
Manufacturer Part#: DRD+47-8X
Top: Silver Shiny

As for the media being DVD+R of DVD-R, my machines work well on either format, as well as my girlfriends.

I had meant to add that the price was right on at $33.35 delivered by ground. :cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.