I require a feature that I may only use once, I could use a screen capture program, but if I need this feature again it may come in handy. I want to select all associated files type on a server, either that or copy and paste the files in a text editor. I'm currently using CyberDuck FTP, I liked the GUI and WS_FTP was giving me headaches, sometimes.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You could just use the command line ftp.exe with a script file that logs in and lists the directory and pipe the output to a file.

Good idea, what kind of script file ?

It's been a few years since I've had to do this and I don't have access to an FTP site to test. Let me install the FTP service locally and I'll write up a test script. I'll get back to you after the mens' final at Wimbledon.

Thank you akmozo and thank you Reverend Jim. I found a FTP program I like that has this feature when I need it WinSCP, thank you again akmozo :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.