Hi,

Main problem: My Laptop (Not the one I'm using now) isn't accepting ant input, the mouse and the keyboard are both disabled... It must be due to Trojan attacks... I suspect they unninstalled some drivers...

------'The Story'------
  1. I was surfing the Net, when my 'Microsoft Security Essentials' popped up with a warning of a detected treat: a Trojan had been caught!, so i told it to remove it (Instead of Quarantine).
  2. After some minutes a new warning message from the AV appeared, it had detected another Trojan wich i told the AV to remove too.
  3. When the removal was complete, the AV told me it needed to restart the computer in order to finish the operation...
  4. The computer restarted, and shortly after starting the session (It's automatic, 1 user, no password) a system Warning message appeared, It was something about the 'Battery life extender'(A program/system utility that came with the computer) sayng that the driver not installed or something like that... A similar message appeared right away, but I only had time to read 'Driver', because I shutdown the Laptop using the button...

5. ...

• Since then: "My Laptop (Not the one I'm using now) isn't accepting ant input, the mouse and the keyboard are both disabled... It must be due to Trojan attacks... I suspect they unninstalled some drivers..."

• I can't remeber if it was with the first Trojan or with the second one that a file warning appeared, it said something like 'File not found', the file was located somewhere in the system (I think) and was a '.dat'

Notes:
  1. I checked the details and the 'virus wiki' link stuff, it was a 'Keystroke Trojan' dating from 22-March-2012 with the last update to the AV dating about 15-June/July (can't remeber)
  2. I got more worried with this one, it was a Trojan that can execute commands (cmd.exe , command promt) remotely... or somthing like that

3. Others...

* 'Surfing the Net': (Firefox, not the last version but the previous one[I think]) I was mainly googling, i had some Wikipedia pages open, some few blogs about programming... I don't think i had any harmfull site open, pfff
* The TouchPad doesn't work, neither does my external mouse (but my external mouse is working on the laptop I'm currently using)... The Keyboard doesn't work either...

----What I've tried so far...----
  1. Safe Mode: (Keyboard works until I choose the boot type, including the '[F2]Setup')

* Safe Mode: Loads Desktop, the info 'What is Safe Mode?', But the Keyboard and the mouse don't work...
* Safe Mode with Command Prompt: I can't see the mouse cursor; The keyboard doesn't work
* Restore: Here the mouse and the keyboard work... I wan't to avoid this because of the data that will be erased...
2. Start windows normally: It loaded the desktop icons really slowly... then showed the 'Battery Life Extender' 'Driver_Not_Installed' warning... shortly after that i shut the pc down... Nor the Keyboard nor the TouchPad were working, I didn't bother to try with my external mouse...

-------------------

Solution: I'm hoping to find one here...
...And I would like to know if it is possible to access the 'C:' and 'D:' Hard drives to backup important stuff...

Specs, + info and stuff:

Windows 7 Starter (Updated...)
1 GB Ram
1.66 GH (2 Cores)
Intel Graphic Accelerator

Samsung N145 Plus (Model Code: np-n145-jp03pt)

AV (Anti-Virus): Free, Up to date: Microsoft Security Essentials: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/products/security-essentials

_________________________________________________________________________________________

-VLV-

hi bro , try to apply a system recovery and you'll get the solution :)

The problem is it will probably clear all the data in the 'C:', and that's a problem

And I would like to know if it is possible to access the 'C:' and 'D:' Hard drives to backup important stuff...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.