How does this work ?

Have a web delivered app, which used to return it's starting frame in a browser window (IE 6).

It now returns a blank, white, browser screen + placeholder (Top LHS) + status = "Done" unless I create:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{app CLSID here}

"Compatibility Flags"=dword:00800000

Understand how the DWORD value can be set to 'disable' an app's ActiveX, but fail to see why a previously working app, now needs a registry key to enable it ??

Thanks 4 any enlightment.

How does this work ?

Have a web delivered app, which used to return it's starting frame in a browser window (IE 6).

It now returns a blank, white, browser screen + placeholder (Top LHS) + status = "Done" unless I create:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{app CLSID here}

"Compatibility Flags"=dword:00800000

Understand how the DWORD value can be set to 'disable' an app's ActiveX, but fail to see why a previously working app, now needs a registry key to enable it ??

Thanks 4 any enlightment.

Were any patches or updates (i.e. MS Compatibility Toolkit) pushed to the server? In other words, did anything change on the server hosting the application?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.