How does this work ?

Have a web delivered app, which used to return it's starting frame in a browser window (IE 6).

It now returns a blank, white, browser screen + placeholder (Top LHS) + status = "Done" unless I create:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{app CLSID here}

"Compatibility Flags"=dword:00800000

Understand how the DWORD value can be set to 'disable' an app's ActiveX, but fail to see why a previously working app, now needs a registry key to enable it ??

Thanks 4 any enlightment.

Contributors
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by EricaJanine

How does this work ?

Have a web delivered app, which used to return it's starting frame in a browser window (IE 6).

It now returns a blank, white, browser screen + placeholder (Top LHS) + status = "Done" unless I create:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{app CLSID here}

"Compatibility Flags"=dword:00800000

Understand how the DWORD value can be set to 'disable' an app's ActiveX, but fail to see why a previously working app, now needs a registry key to enable it ??

Thanks 4 any enlightment.

Were any patches or updates (i.e. MS Compatibility Toolkit) pushed to the server? In other words, did anything change on the server hosting the application?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.