I have a dell, and the way I wipe the pc clean is to restart the pc, then I press some buttons which brings up the restore "to when I first got my pc" I've done it before, I just forget those simple keys you press when the pc is booting up. Anyone know which keys I press. thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

F8 ?

On my 5150 dimension its Control and F11 or something like that (similar to ibm thinkpads) during the bootup (cant remember if before or after post) to bring up the symantec system restore thing.

Dell is F2 and another is F12

On my 5150 dimension its Control and F11 or something like that (similar to ibm thinkpads) during the bootup (cant remember if before or after post) to bring up the symantec system restore thing.

Winner

No, on some machines (my dell and thinkpad) you can push a button to get into the BIOS or you can push another F11 related combo to restore your entire system from a hidden pertition

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.