Not sure if I'm in the right forum or not, so if I should be asking elsewhere, please let me know! I'm new here :)

I've been trying to delete this folder for some time now, I've researched a lot on the internet but so far I haven't been able to solve it.

I'm trying to delete C:\Documents and Settings\name\Desktop\a

Within folder "a" is folder "b" which is empty. When I try to delete folder "a" as a whole, an error message pops up reading "Error Deleting File or Folder. Cannot delete file: Cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name." Same thing happens when I go into folder "a" and try to delete folder "b" on its own.

I've run safe mode, cmd, regedit, moved the file, ended and restarted the explorer.exe process, creating a blank Notepad file with the same name and nothing! I downloaded Unlocker and it says that I had an "Error Debug Priveleges"; which directed me to Microsoft's website to read about setting up program Debug Rights and confused the heck out of me.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Oh i had the same problem,these files become stacked and are due to long paths,use the tool available at <snip> ,it is a tool which deletes and also searches such undeleteable files and also assists in installation and sharing of long pathed files

Okay, to stop people loading this thread with ads for commercial software, this will do the job of unhooking anything and deleting it:
Unlocker. It is free.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.