Jshammy 0 Light Poster

About two weeks ago, I had to reinstall Window XP Home Edition because of some spyware. Before reinstallation, I was using Service pack 1 with no problems or error. Tho I forgot if i had installed SP2 from some windows updates or not. anyway, After Reinstallation, I installed the drivers back and everything back to normal. Windows updates popup and asked me to install SP2. so I downloaded Window SP2 hoping for several upgrades.. Tho the more good i expected, the more errors I got..
For ex.. My DVD rom D: Drive disappeared from my computer, My Creative sound blaster live! series doesn't work. and other several problems.

Also, another problem is the USB wireless connection that I am using requires SP2, says from the user manual. and while I m using it with SP1, it disconnected every 2-3 mins. and I got to replug it 3-5 times in order to use it again.

I am here to ask for advice from you guys, should I stay with SP1 and buy a new connection adapter or do something else that can fix the SP2 problems.

Thanks