Hi I am Marco & am new here. Asyou can tell from the posting caption, I am having a problem with an HP PC.
1) I am trying to get my son's PC up and running again.
2) I reset the BIOS to default.
3) I connected the cd rom no problem, it was recognized by the PC immediately.
4) I have a new HD, that I connected to the motherboard. Problem is, the mother board's not recognizing HD as an autodetect. I tried manually place the HD parameters into the BIOS & save it.
5) I saved it and ran XP setup via the cd. But when the setup is ready to access my HD - the XP program cannot locate the HD
6) I then rebooted and opened up setup & found that the BIOS PAGE has no HD listed. I just the exited setup and I got the err message - NO operating system found"
I have checked the connections, the battery, tested the HD on another PC- so evertything is OK in those areas.
7) I think the board is ok, otherwise- the CD rom wouldn't read.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE .... any ideas, I have tried everything I know...
How do I get the mother board to recogize my HD? - so I can get this PC up & running before school's starts.